The Chilterns Walking festival is back for its second festival, running from Saturday 16th September – Sunday 1st October 2017.
The festival invites experienced and novice walkers alike to explore the landscapes, locations and legends of The Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There is a fantastic selection of 70 walks and events which are now live and bookable on-line.
- A fascinating walk taking in Chequers and The Ridgeway National Trail, combined with meeting the local farmer, refreshments and a visit to Buckmoorend Farm Shop.
- A private tour of the Lacey Green windmill restored by the Chiltern Society, followed by a beautiful circular walk around the Lacey Green area with stunning views, passing through quiet valleys.
- Brakspear beer, beechwoods and brewing walk through classic beech woodlands and along ancient drovers routes followed by a free tour of the micro-brewery at the end of the walk
- Meander through the Chiltern Open Air Museum’s woodland landscape, learning more about the Museum’s hidden meadow, and exploring the Museum and its rescued historic buildings.
- A series of three HS2 walks – in Wendover, Misbourne and Denham – offering walkers the opportunity to view this part of the Central Chilterns landscape before it changes forever.
- Sketching walks led by a wildlife artist and Countryside Officer
- Click here for more information and to book walks or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ChilternsWalkingFestival