2024 Comet and HandyBus Shopping Trips to Henley – stopping at Waitrose/Tesco/Town Hall decided by passengers on the day
- Comet Bus on 1st and 3rd Thursdays
- HandyBus trips available on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month
(extra Comet Bus trips added from Jan-March dates are included below)
Comet Bus starts picking up passengers from 10.30am and the Handy Bus from 9.30. Both offer a home/driveway pickup.
• Number of passengers will be a maximum of 14 persons
• Current Bus pass must be shown
• Bookings to be made, in advance with Claire Harwood (via email above or phone: 01491 640805)
Claire will manage the bookings fairly which will allow regular users and new users an opportunity to visit the shops to do their own shopping, subject to availability.
A few details about the services:
- Free shopping trip service twice a month to Henley with pick up and return
from passenger’s doorsteps.
- Passengers need to sign up for the coming week by noon on the Sunday
- Address details, phone number and postcode will need to be supplied at the
time of booking.
- Claire will liaise with the bus driver to give number of passengers, pick up
locations and suggested route.
- The service is aimed at people that are unable to drive for one reason or
another (don’t drive, don’t own a car or have a medical condition which
means they cannot drive).
- A current bus pass is required to travel.
- Both the Comet and Handy-bus will stop in Henley at Waitrose car park
and/or drop off at Tesco, Henley. Details decided by the passengers on
- The Comet Bus offers a service on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month.
However, where there is a 5th Tuesday in a month, the Comet can be
booked for additional journeys on a Thursday, with prior arrangement.
These dates have been included in the above timetable for 2023 trips and
are highlighted in red.
- The Handy-bus runs it’s fortnightly service on Tuesdays (2nd and 4th of each
Further information please email Sue Abbott at email@example.com
(07968870408) or telephone Claire Harwood 01491 640805.